Our philosophy here at MBHT is based upon natural horsemanship and building bonds with our equine friends by using means of body language, pressure and release, trust exercises, groundwork and much more.
We are passionate about all things horse health, including grooming, barefoot trimming, massage and stretches as well as supporting our horses menatlly by changing their routines and providing them with variety in their lives.
The MBHT school holiday programme aims to teach kids safety in all things horses and to have fun doing so, we want our students to go home with some new skills and to feel they have absorbed as much fresh air as possible and had a chance to take in the therapeutic atmosphere we all know horses can offer, and of course lots and lots of riding opportunities.
Next upcoming programme
Dates: Each camp runs from 8:30am-5:00pm
Junior Camp 8-12years old – 3 days Monday 28th – Wednesday 30th September
Senior Camp 13-15 years old 3 days Monday 5th October – 7th of October
So what’s included?
- 3 full days learning, grooming, playing games and riding and working with horses
- 2 of these days include outing days – beach and forest trip, ride on the beach and in Woodhill forest. Arena riding at the local arena where we will play games, learn different aspects of riding and run some challenges.
- Kids will also take part in fun farm activities, interact with other farm animals such as calves and friendly goats. There will be lots of chances for kids to win prizes from many challenges both horse and non horse related.
- Personalised MBHT T-shirt
- Photos and videos to take home with you
- Framed photo of each child and the horse they worked with.
- Certificate of Achievement at MBHT riding camp
*children’s lunch and snacks are NOT provided, all kids need to bring a packed lunch with them.
How do we keep your kids safe?
- MBHT is dedicated to providing a safe environment for all its customers big and small.
- We have highly trained mature staff and strong Health and Safety practices to ensure we operate safely.
- First Aid staff onsite and a part of the programme at all times.
- All kids are required to wear helmets while working around and riding horses, we supply these. We will supply sunblock if needed but you’re welcome to bring your own, and we have water stations for children to fill up their water bottles.
- MBHT has a ratio of 1-2 guides per 3-4 children depending on the activity. No children will be riding or around horses unsupervised at any time.
- All parents and Guardians will be required to sign our standard waiver form before their child attends our facility.
- Our horses are all very well trained and behaved, we ensure that all our horses are suitable candidates for working with small children.
- At the beginning of our day camp each day we sit down and go through all the rules we have in place with the kids and we give them reminders of these important safety rules all throughout the day as well as after each break time before we start working with the horses again.
- To ensure we have small groups and not all kids riding all at the same time, we split the kinds into small groups and take turns riding horses and playing other games etc.
Keen to book in?? Go on, your kids will love you for it!
Give us a call today to secure your spot 021654622