Health and Safety Policy Statement
Here at MURIWAI BEACH HORSE TREKS 2018 LTD health and safety is of paramount importance to our business objectives.
As a PCBU (person conducting a business or undertaking) our primary duty of care and responsibility is to ensure that, as far as reasonably practicable, a healthy and safe work environment. This applies to all work carried out by our employees, customers, subcontractors and the public at our work sites/places.
We will achieve this duty of care as far as reasonably practicable by:
- Complying with the Health & Safety at Work Act (HSWA), its Safety Regulations (HSW Regulations) standards, codes of practice and guidelines;
- Ensuring all staff are actively involved in the continuous improvement of Health and Safety in our work place through hazard identification and risk controls;
- Providing staff with the appropriate instruction and training and/or supervision to minimise risks relevant to their work;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, machinery, vehicles and equipment and systems of work;
- Providing suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant to the task performed;
- Ensuring the safe use, handling, storage of hazardous substances and having the emergency
first aid information from the safety data sheets (SDS) available;
- Provide health monitoring of workers and the conditions at the workplace to prevent illness or
- Accurately reporting and recording all workplace accidents, incidents and injuries (events) in a
- Consulting with, and encouraging the participation of, other duty holders or workers on matters
affecting health and safety;
- Conducting regular health and safety meetings to develop a culture of commitment and
communication to ensure the continuous improvement of our health and safety culture;
- Ensuring all subcontractors and visitors to our workplace or work site, understand our safety
procedure requirements and abide by our rules;
- Reviewing, revising and evaluating our health and safety management systems and
processes to ensure continuous improvement; and supporting the safe and early return to
work of injured workers.
- Reviewing our health and safety policy every two years.
A safe working culture is the responsibility of everyone. This will be achieved by communication and the continuous improvement of our health and safety at work through the co-operative efforts of everyone, including owners, directors, management and employees.
We must all:
- Take reasonable care of our own health and safety;
- Take reasonable care we do not adversely affect the health and safety of others;
- Follow our company policies;
- Comply with any reasonable instructions given;
- And, in turn, ensure instructions are delivered clearly and reasonably;
- Identify hazards, assess and control risks to health and safety;
- Use PPE as required;
- Record and keep a report of all hazards, accidents, incidents and injuries (events)